The Alexander Technique teaches better body awareness, improved posture, and pain-free movement. The objective: take control of your self and prevent pain before it hits. Each lesson is personally tailored for your specific needs.
What triggers pain in the body? What lies at the foundation of all optimal performance? We examine universal movement patterns such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, and breathing.
- Sophisticated, hands-on guidance and verbal instruction
- Relaxation and a chance to unravel stress while you unwind on a table or a mat
- Posture, gait, and movement analysis to provide you with immediate feedback
We also look at other movement-related activities like fitness and stretching routines, playing a sport, working at your computer, artistic performance, public speaking and more.
- Individual lessons
- Group lessons
- Consultation for businesses
- Coaching for musical, theatrical, athletic or other performance
The Alexander Technique helped a long-standing back problem and to get a good night’s sleep after many years of tossing and turning,” explained Paul Newman; and others like Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Joanne Woodward also studied the Alexander Technique. In fact, many famous figures had studied with F.M. Alexander including Aldous Huxley, John Dewey, George Bernard Shaw, and James Harvey Robinson.